Friday 9 November 2012

245 10 $aFree books!

520   The beauty of being a librarian is... well, I am surrounded by books. Books, and more books. While some don't find this very exciting at all, for me, it's like, the coolest reason to get up in the morning - I *get* to go to work and I get to see, feel, smell ... surround myself with new books of all sorts.

Last week a group of publishers' representatives came into our library to give our library staff  a "Book Talk" - basically they did presentations and talks about their favourite new books coming out. They always bring a whole truck load of books for us to help ourselves to; and like kids in a candy store we flock to the pile and go crazy ....

I came across this one -and of course, seeing the cover made me leap across the table to grab it. "Finding Ultra" by Rich Roll. I will admit - I've never heard of it. But flipping through, it reminds me of the popular "Eat and Run" by Scott Jurek. Same theme - running ultras, and eating vegan. I'm not vegan, I'm not even a vegetarian, but it's intriguing when I read about it, and it really makes me rethink my diet and how I fuel day to day. I eat pretty clean, or at least I try... it's always a work in progress. But eliminating meat and animal products from my diet seems so... daunting. In fact, I consider it a staple, my protein source.

Readers,  has anyone read this book or Scott Jurek's "Eat and run"? What do you think? And are you driven to veganism after reading these, like me?

650 0 $aMarathon running$xTraining.
650 0 $aAthletes$xNutrition.
650 0 $aVegan cooking.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome that you're a librarian, seems like a cool job. I just wanted to let you know that your phone is putting "$" in front of everything.

    and I've never read Eat and Run.....I'll go put it on hold right now!!!

    ReplyDelete